[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: inlvnv
Forum Index » Profile for inlvnv » Messages posted by inlvnv
Since no one replied. I'll give it a try on my WHS 2011 system running on i3 and see how it works.
Looks more than enough. My couple year old i3 handles two streams very well, but stutters a bit when streaming 1080p mkv files to two i devices. I have an ATV2 in family room and another ATV2 in my son's room, and both are working out very well.
QLoud works fine for me on my Note 2. I can't see Air Video for Android offering more than QLoud, even if it eventually became available. I will, however, continue to use Air Video on my iphones and ipads, as it is the best app out there for i devices.
Yes, but really depends on your pc specs and types of files you are streaming.
I meant "Air TV" as in streaming from pc or mac equipped with a v tuner card, which currently orb and eyetv are capable of. Unfortunately, Orb's tv tuner support is very unreliable at the moment.
+1
Sounds good!

Air Music
Air Photo
Air TV

I would buy'em all.
This thread should be of help. http://inmethod.com/forum/posts/list/680.page
Thank you for enabling VOB support.
Admin wrote:We will probably enable VOB playback in next server update, but if we have lot of people with DVDrips where vobs are split into multiple files complaining (Air Video won't be able to play those) we might disable it back.

Been checking the site daily for update. Looking forward to it.
Cyacene wrote:Ah, got it. Heres how to do it.

Programs needed:
- Bonjour
- Air Video server for windows
- Windows server 2003 Installer Kit Tools
- Any Service Installer

1. Remote into your WHS and make sure Bonjour is installed (my Acer EasyStore already had it), if not, install it.
2. Install Air Video on the WHS and point it to a folder that contains some video
3. Install the server 2003 Toolkit
4. Run "any service installer".
5. You need to point the Any Service Installer to the "tools" folder where the 2003 toolkit installed to. (default is program files)
6. Point the program to install as a service to AirVideo (default is program files)
7. Name your service "AirVideo" Click "Create"
8. Right click "my computer" and select "manage"
9. Go into "services", right click the AirVideo service and go to properties. Select the "log On" tab at the top
10. Select "this account" and enter your credentials (these will be the same as what you used to remote into the WHS)
11. Hit Apply and your good to go!

Thanks for this. AirVideo finally became useful with my WHS setup. Now I'm just hoping VOB files will be supported in the next release as indicated in another post.
Admin wrote:Hi,

the problem with vob files is that they are often split to multiple files. We can't support that. That's why Air Video doesn't recognize vob files. If your vob file is in one piece and you rename it to mpg it will play. As long as it's not still on DVD (because DVDs are encrypted).

VOB files may be split to multiple files but can be played individually, so I don't understand your explanation. I do it with Orblive, wmp and nero showtime. Orblive even plays next vob file automatically, so you can watch the entire movie. Obviously, VOB file support is one of the most requested feature, so perhaps, is worth the consideration. Reading through posts here, VOB support would definately make a lot of people happy.

Airvideo is a great software, far better picture quality then Orblive I'm currently using. Unfortunately, most of my files are in ripped dvd format stored in WHS system, one of two reason why I haven't purchased airvideo yet. Another reason is airvideo's inability to run as a service, an important feature since my WHS is a headless server.
Same problem here. Got around by uninstalling the old version, rebooting the PC and installing the latest version. Updating over the old version doesn't kill the airvideo.exe process, so the old file is never deleted. I got "unable to write airvideo.exe file to disk" error message.

Forum Index » Profile for inlvnv » Messages posted by inlvnv
Go to: