[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: perfecblue
Forum Index » Profile for perfecblue » Messages posted by perfecblue
Thanks for the awesome update! I'd like to report a minor bug on the server program.

When inputting Chinese and/or Asian characters in the Display Name of the Shared Folders, doing so will somehow mess up the name of the folders above. For example, when you have 3 folders listed, when changing the name of the 3rd folder with Chinese and/or Asian character, the name of the 1st folder will take on the same name.

This is happening on a Win7 64bit machine

Thanks!
I'm using Mediasonic HF2-SU3S2 ProBox 4 Bay Hard Drive Enclosure (http://amzn.to/YUZbZf).

I have two of these and find them to be rock solid.
Sorry for the constant edits on my thread. As I mentioned above, 4 of my disks are in a single external USB3.0 box while 4 of the rest are inside the case via SATA connection. The USB3.0 box (http://amzn.to/YUZbZf) is set to work in a JBOD settings. I don't see any problem with the externally connected disks.

So far the memory usage on the entire unit goes up to 6GB at times with 8GB of total memory. I haven't seen any problems wit this but if you plan on doing a little more work on the computer than you might wanna consider going all the way up to 16GB.
I have roughly the same usage as the thread opener for a while now (about 1 year). I'm on the AMD side so I don't know how well it compares to Intel's Core i5/i7. Here's my setup:

AMD Phenom II x6 1055t 6 Core CPU
8GB of RAM (used to be 16GB but took half out for other use)
Around 8 data disks ranging from 1.5 to 3TB

This is a dedicated machine for serving XBMC and AirVideo Server. So far I have around 3-5 simultaneous remote users streaming daily without any problems. I only use live conversion and no pass-through since subtitle displaying is essential in this part of the world. Each conversion thread is about 90-150MBytes in memory. Disk speed and buffer shouldn't be an issue as 6 of my drives are the slow WD Green drives with 4 of them on an external USB3.0 box.

You shouldn't need to convert those files on your own as I mentioned I do all my streaming via live conversions with no issues or complaints from the remote users. I'd imagine a sufficiently powerful quad-core Intel Core i5 should be no problem for your usage.
Understood. Thank you so much for the quick response! It really is much easier to convert with AirVideo with just a few button presses for the entire season of sitcoms with beautiful subtitle rendering. Keep up the good work!
Hi, I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I've recently been converting some of my videos offline to store them on my iPad.

The conversion rate and quality are all great; however, I've noticed that once I imported the converted videos into iTunes, the duration of the videos are always doubled. The video itself still plays fine without a glitch, but the mis-informed time code is a bit annoying to look at at times. It happens with all of the videos I converted (x.264 MKV and DivX AVI). I've tried different versions of AirVideo server and it still happens.

Is this a bug in the current version or maybe there's something wrong with my setup?

Forum Index » Profile for perfecblue » Messages posted by perfecblue
Go to: