[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: ticzon
Forum Index » Profile for ticzon » Messages posted by ticzon
I see that there is a conversion file feature and I assume that this to allow me to run movies at a lower bitrate. I would like to know where are these files kept and how much room on the HD do they take when compared to the original movie file.

Thanks.
That took care of the problem. I didn't realize that there was an item in the menu bar. I was able to see the GUI and set up the preferences.

However, the AirVideo Application does sit in my dock, and it doesn't show a Triangle under it, indicating that the server was running. It can be miss leading to the user.

Thanks.
I too don't see the server starting up even though I click on the application (it appear active in the activity monitor, and it would play on the iPhone).

However, when I have removed the complete AirVideo folder from the application support folder, the server seems to be running on the activity monitor, but I don't see the AirVideo GUI (so I can't set it up), and it now won't play movies on my iPHone.

I have tried removing every thing and reinstall the whole application, but nothing works any more.

The application worked for about a week, then all of sudden it stop working and the GUI window won't show up and even though my iphone knows that the sever is running, I can't point AirVideo to my movie folder on my external drive (where iTunes is kept) since I don't have access to the GUI Setup Window.
Since the air video client on a iPhone is running a special version of OSX, I would think it would be easy for a port to the full Mac OSX (but then again, I am not a software engineer). I think your software is pretty awesome and thought there would be an interest if you would port it to a Mac computer.
First of all, I like the product very much and I use the paid version on my iPhone.

Question: Any chance of you making a client for the Mac, so when I go away from home, I can view movies via the internet?

Thanks,

Dave.

Forum Index » Profile for ticzon » Messages posted by ticzon
Go to: