[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: ZacWolf
Forum Index » Profile for ZacWolf » Messages posted by ZacWolf
I'd like to bump this request. As it stands right now, Air Video doesn't work for my use case, that is playing DVDs that have been ripped with the original DVD file structure (ala multiple .VOB files).

Seems like it would be pretty straight forward to read the standard DVD property files to determine the correct order of playback?
One thing I haven't seen mentioned in this conversation is that the obvious answer as to why there is no mac/pc client, is because right now AirVideo is probably falling way under the radar of organizations like the M P A A [US], etc. A mac/pc client would change that. While Air Video has no "native" D R M circumvention, it could be seen [by the uninformed] as creating more demand for D R M circumvention products.

I would much rather this remain a small scale solution targeted towards mobile devices, that slowly builds momentum until it would be much harder to "shut down" if it comes to that.

Look no further than the example of the Hulu folks believing that boxee is inherently different than any other browser software, just because it works with a remote control and has TV out.

Based on what I've seen so far, these guys know what they are doing, so I say trust them to do what's best for the product.
HotStuff2, I would have to agree that it is you being quite the douchebag here.

If you can't say something nice, why say anything? Do you really need that much validation?

Instead you go and Streisand effect it.
Totally understand! I can manage it manually till it works it way up the list.

THANKS!
-Zac
LOVE Air Video! WOW, I've been trying to work through a convoluted process of doing the same thing via writting a custom Java solution, and it has been a nightmare because of cross browser support, etc.

AirVideo is EXACTLY what I was trying to re-create.

I would like to make one suggestion though:
Would it be possible, on the server side, to allow an option to specify a specific folder for the conversion files, vs the default of putting them in the same directory as the original file?

Basically just an option on the "Conversion" tab that would give you a radio button choice between, "Use same directory as source" or "Use custom conversion directory". I understand that the custom conversion directory would need to be "shared by default" such that the player could then access the file, but it would be a much neater solution for those of us that use multiple drives, or a specific file/folder hierarchy.

THANKS!!!
-Zac

Forum Index » Profile for ZacWolf » Messages posted by ZacWolf
Go to: