[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Cyberbird
Forum Index » Profile for Cyberbird » Messages posted by Cyberbird
aresando wrote:
Cyberbird wrote:
aresando wrote:
kc6108 wrote:Please add the ability to save video files locally to the iPhone/iPad.
We want to be able to perform offline conversions then save locally to the device for later playback without the need Air Video Server to be involved.

To do that, you can just use AirVideo Server to convert videos then add them to iTunes and sync devices.

Sure thing. That's super elegant...
People know it's possible, it's just an ugly solution, especially for those of us, who have been using airvideo on a remote linux server.

With a simple network share, the "automatically add to itunes" feature, and assuming that people regularly sync their devices with iTunes anyway, the process can be fully automated.
How ugly is that?

The assumption is the ugly part Since icloud I've never synced my iPad or iPhone with iTunes, and to be honest, why should I? That's why iCloud has been created.

What i currently do when I'm in need of this, is that i convert the videos with airvideo and then download to my iDevice using an ftp client.(again it's working, it's just not elegant to open 2 programs just to do this)(also i know how to set up an ftp server many people don't, but they know how to use airvideo, and it'd be a nice addition for them)
Clearly it's not a priority in development, nor should it be, but still, it'd be good to know, it's at least on the to-do list.
aresando wrote:
kc6108 wrote:Please add the ability to save video files locally to the iPhone/iPad.
We want to be able to perform offline conversions then save locally to the device for later playback without the need Air Video Server to be involved.

To do that, you can just use AirVideo Server to convert videos then add them to iTunes and sync devices.

Sure thing. That's super elegant...

People know it's possible, it's just an ugly solution, especially for those of us, who have been using airvideo on a remote linux server.
Iphone and ipad with airplay does support 5.1 (correct me if I'm wrong) so theoretically if airvideo would support it, and pas it through airplay, it should play fine with appletv and a 5.1 reciever.
Am i wrong on this one?
Nevermind me. Found my answer in another topic.
"As far as I can tell there is no support for 5.1 in Live HTTP Streaming on iPhone and iPad."
So uploading a 5.1 mp4 to my ipad(iPhone) playing it with movies and streaming with airplay would get me 5.1 but no HTTP Live Streaming because of apple restrictions. pretty sad, but not airvideo's fault.

Edit2: From Apple:
"Although the protocol specification does not limit the video and audio formats, the current Apple implementation supports the following formats:
Video: H.264 Baseline Level 3.0, Baseline Level 3.1, and Main Level 3.1.
Audio:
HE-AAC or AAC-LC up to 48 kHz, stereo audio
MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer 3) 8 kHz to 48 kHz, stereo audio"

I'm pretty disappointed with that, because i've wanted to use my new appletv with airvideo, to play movies.

Any chance that Offline encoding would support 5.1, so i can convert with airvideo and download through ftp to my ipad?
(not elegant, but...)

Forum Index » Profile for Cyberbird » Messages posted by Cyberbird
Go to: