[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: mrinternet
Forum Index » Profile for mrinternet » Messages posted by mrinternet
agree they need an account
It will be possible after Apple approves Air Video 2.4.6 update.

Wow that will be great, now that air video works with apple TV so well (life changing really)
I was going to have to consider buying another device like a touch just as a remote device so I can still use my iPad

I also have a bit of an issue engaging the air play from air video (have to switch to a video then back to the one I want on initial use each time)
Is that already being addressed in 2.4.6 or was I alone in that one ?

Thanks again for a great product, I am getting hundreds of hits on my blog review of your updates, so hope it is transpiring into sales for you

http://bit.ly/air-video-rocks

regards

twitter @mr_internet

Just to answer a couple of the other questions here the update for itunes , apple tv, ipad, air video all only came out at my end today 9 march (10 march here in oz)
So I would update all devices macbooks, appletvs, ipads, pcs, etc with iTunes, iOS and Air Video Updates.

The macbook problem is addressed in my temp fix I think..

Also I needed to reboot my iPad and Apple TV after all updates were done (even though a power off took place separately), I suppose it was a DHCP issue.

Hope that helps.

OMG, Just updated the iPad to 4.3, the Apple TV, and Air Video. They work amazingly well. Prior to this I could stream sound from the iPad, with Air Video, but no video using Airplay. Unless the video was local to the iPad (so not using Air Video at all ). In that scenario I could only stream the iPad to the Apple TV using Apple friendly formats (no WMV or AVI).

On the iPad watching video via Air Video in any format, it is perfect but no airplay, back to the apple tv or big screen.

Now with the updates, including airplay working this means, I can use my NAS, accessed on my iPad then streamed (and managed) to my Apple TV (and 60" big screen) ... amazing.
There is one minor bug in that I cannot play any movie directly in Air Video,

1) I have to play the movie form my folder on the iPad, select apple tv on the iPad (via airplay button during the playing of a air video, .
2) Then select done, go back to the library/folder and then select the movie I want to watch.
3) It then works perfectly, even with HD large movies.. amazing..

I am not sure if anyone that uses the air video/ipad/apple tv, appreciates how amazing this is.

I have installed 6 or some similar set-ups for friends and family... this is really hot hot hot...

I look forward to these minor issues being resolved...

I built a great home media network, NAS, PC's, Mac Mini as a Media Extender to my 52" HD TV,
With the iPad and the Air Video it is a whole new ball game.
To get video on my iPad I was converting the files, this is ... amazing.

Forum Index » Profile for mrinternet » Messages posted by mrinternet
Go to: