[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: iSunrise
Forum Index » Profile for iSunrise » Messages posted by iSunrise
@Admin:
Great improvements, thanks for keeping the app up to date!

I have several flv files on my PC where the video picture is stuttering a lot, when I play them back with air video on my iPad 3.
Media players on the PC play them perfectly fine and smooth (like MPC-HC or PotPlayer).
Mediainfo output:

C:\Multimedia\Videos\Star Trek The Next Generation Blu-rays Launch in 2012.flv
General
Complete name : C:\Multimedia\Videos\Star Trek The Next Generation Blu-rays Launch in 2012.flv
Format : Flash Video
File size : 82.5 MiB
Duration : 2mn 26s
Overall bit rate : 4 736 Kbps
liveXML : <?xpacket begin="" id="W5M0MpCehiHzreSzNTczkc9d"?>
Video
Format : VP6
Codec ID : 4
Bit rate : 5 002 Kbps
Width : 1 280 pixels
Height : 720 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 29.970 fps
Bit depth : 8 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.181
Stream size : 87.2 MiB
Audio
Format : MPEG Audio
Format version : Version 1
Format profile : Layer 3
Mode : Joint stereo
Mode extension : MS Stereo
Codec ID : 2
Codec ID/Hint : MP3
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 96.0 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 1.67 MiB (2%)

There seems to be a problem with the detection of the framerate or rather it happens with flv files that are detected as 29.970 fps. It kinda looks like air video detects a different frame rate and doesn´t sync it correctly to the iPad´s refresh rate, which makes the picture stutter. I have tested with 2.4.5 beta7, 2.4.6 beta1 and 2.4.6 beta3 and the result is the same.

I have not had a problem with other files, yet. This seems to be only happening with flv files.

Is it possible to improve this?

Thanks!
@Admin:
Since the client update is not yet up on iTunes, did you already fix the aspect ratio bug with 1440x1080 content?
See here: http://www.inmethod.com/forum/posts/list/195/4529.page#25791

Other than that, I´ve just tested Air Video server 2.4.6 beta1 and it works really well.
Airvideo is amazing!
Thanks for your continued support.
@developers, admin:
Just discovered this app yesterday after I bought my new Ipad (3rd Gen.) and I must say it is really amazing. What I like most about your app is the clean, minimalistic design of the GUI and it´s ease of use. It only displays what is needed and it isn´t overloaded. Also, stability is great, didn´t have a single app crash, yet.

I´ve compared the live conversion functionality of 2.4.3 and 2.4.5 beta7 and the later has greatly improved image quality at max. settings (1280x720 and 5120kbit/sec). Videos and movies are almost indistinguishable from the original files at these settings on the retina display. While 2.4.3 still had some compression artifacts at these settings, everything just looks stunning with 2.4.5. I have played like 150 different files with various container formats and codecs and I have not seen one file that Air Video couldn´t play, almost too good to be true.

I also love how smart Air Video is when it detects a compatible MP4 container (AVC/H.264, AAC) and you can just hit Play and can start streaming right away. This way, you get the best possible quality with Air Video on the Ipad.

However, I still found some things that should be easy to fix (bugs):

1) If you play back any files with a resolution of 1440x1080 (ex. from HDV cameras), the aspect ratio is wrong. They are currently displayed with a 4:3 aspect ratio, while they need to be displayed at 1920x1080 (16:9). (Or rather 1280x720, which is also 16:9)
Here´s an apple documentation for HDV that explains it: http://documentation.apple.com/en/finalcutpro/professionalformatsandworkflows/index.html#chapter=2%26section=6%26tasks=true

2) If you want to play back files in a M2TS container, in the preview window all you get is pixel garbage at first, this happens when you tab on an M2TS file (left pane) to preview and also if you press "Done" in the upper left corner while playback. I also had this with some WMV files.

Other than that, keep up the great work and if I find other bugs to report I will post them here.

Forum Index » Profile for iSunrise » Messages posted by iSunrise
Go to: