[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Sub
Forum Index » Profile for Sub » Messages posted by Sub
I think it would also be cool to have a 30 second skip like there is for backwards - then a couple clicks could skip commercials.
I want this too.. or at the very least - maybe rename the file in some automatic way so I can go in later and erase the files I've watched.
Photos is an awesome idea. I want that!
It probably wouldnt be a stretch for you guys to make this, but what do you think about an AirPictures app? Everything could be the same, but you stream photos instead of video. It would need a quick display image algorithm, and allow a customized delay slideshow, thumbnail view, and a small swipe to change picture. Perhaps you could even translate your excellent video compression algorithm to images so they stream really fast (but still allow you to zoom in in detail - maybe it only streams what it needs??!).

I've been looking for an app like this, and it really doesnt exist. This would be a nice complementary revenue stream for you guys and you already have a solid backbone to work off of. You could even (actually, ideally) use the air video server windows app as the same server for the pics - just add a tab where you can specify where to find the pics.

Thoughts?

I love your air video app, I use it every day and its fantastic. Its rare to find an app that just works without any pita'ness. Keep up the good work!

ps- [off topic] - its awesome we can see vobs now, but can you join them seamlessly though?! Small niggle.
Thanks for enabling VOB, but is it possible to have it read proper DVD VOBs in series in a future release? It much more useful for those of us that dont want to convert their entire library to single VOBs and keep it in a standard format. Seems like most of the hard part is done on the conversion end.. just need to write code to read them in a series?! Maybe thats a bigger change than apparent on the surface.

Love your program btw, I use it almost every day!
I'd love to see a mac and win7 client version. I'd buy both. There may be other streaming apps out there but I haven't seen one as clean and simple as this one, and who wants to run two servers?!
I also want to be able to view VOBs!
1. VOB: Please support the Live Conversion of VOB dvd movies (ie. video_ts folders). An added bonus would be if you could grab the screenshot/cover art from the "Preview.jpg" file that is stored in the base movie directory - this is the convention that FrontRow uses when viewing/playing VOB movies.

2. I know you are working on this already, but just also want to chime in and say that this is a very important feature. I bought your app for the iPad (and iphone) and it would be great to be able to port the a/v output to my projector.

Overall this app is FANTASTIC and I just paid for it! I love the simplicity of the UI and ease of installation. The nightmare of having to convert movies before being able to bring them into iTunes and then FINALLY play it on the iPhone/pad is OVER!

Hope you continue to make this app grow and continue to focus on users and usability.

Forum Index » Profile for Sub » Messages posted by Sub
Go to: