[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: mrow
Forum Index » Profile for mrow » Messages posted by mrow
A nice feature would be some type of indication whether something has been watched or not before. I use this to watch TV shows at my girlfriends apartment streamed to her AppleTV and it can be hard for us to remember which episode of a show we're on if we haven't watched it in a few weeks since there is no metadata. Maybe something as simple as what Apple does with a blue dot next to things that are unwatched/listened to.
I've noticed a problem with the latest Linux version of the server. Sometimes the video will start to studder during playback. Audio playback is fine during studdering but video drops to what looks like 10 to 15 frames per second. It will last anywhere from 5 to 15 seconds and is not easily reproducible i.e. I can't rewind the video and have it studder in the same spot again. It is does not happen with any certain frequency either. It can happen once during a 30 minute TV show or 5 times. All the videos are xvid or h.264. All the times this happens I am sending the live converted video via AirPlay to another device. I've had it happen on an AppleTV v2 and a PC running XBMC set to be an AirPlay receiver. I've used both an iPhone 4S running iOS 5 and a 3rd gen iPad running iOS 6 and had this problem. It can't be upload problems because I have 25Mbps upload and it can't be the hardware because I'm running a 3.3GHz Core i3 with 8GB of RAM. I didn't have this issue with the previous version of the Linux server either.
Admin: I asked this in the beta 1 thread but didn't get a reply. Is there any update on the Linux server? It hasn't been updated in over a year and is now three releases behind the Mac and Windows versions.
Any idea when a new Linux server version will be released to bring it up to par with this version?

ashmanmedia wrote:Wondering if there was a way to stream to a Desktop PC from a server?

There is Air Video Client for the Mac. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6713110/MacAirVideoClient/Site/Home.html
The fact that there hasn't been any posts from the author of the Linux server since May of 2011 is very disheartening. It's beginning to to appear as if this version of the server has been abandoned...
How do you disable subtitles from the server side on the Linux version of the server? I'm sure there is some setting in the properties file that can be added to do this but a full list of the settings that can be added to the properties file has never been released to my knowledge.

Forum Index » Profile for mrow » Messages posted by mrow
Go to: