[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: quidnunc
Forum Index » Profile for quidnunc » Messages posted by quidnunc
I can't get all the details perfect because this is a problem my parents are having on their Air video server that I was told second hand:

They have a directory on the NAS with 292 subdirectories that Air Video times out when loading (the Air Video server is on a different PC running windows, other smaller directories on the NAS load perfectly fine). The error is something like "server is not responding, request timed out". There are some odd things about this behavior - first it never happens on an ipad 1 (running an old version of ios.. and maybe an old version of Air Video). It does happen on an ipad 2 running ios 6.0.1 however if one keeps trying to list that directory it will eventually list without throwing the error. If I had to guess I would say a change in Air Video causes the time it waits for a directory listing to be too short making it throw an error if it doesn't get the results fast enough. But I could imagine there is some problem with ios 6 if that would explain why the same Air Video lists fine on an ipad 1.
the ipad can run on 5ghz however it is still only a 20mhz channel i.e. not faster
spiry wrote:Do not display listing of videos in folders.
Sorry for my english.
Server -> OK
Folders -> OK
Content of folders -> (0) videos

Server 2.4.6-beta3 and the newest client from itunes.

Thansks.

Try removing the folder then adding it again. It worked for me. I assumed it was because the shared folders are mapped network drives but maybe not.
Admin wrote:
quidnunc wrote:
1) what containers does it work on? I have many h264 in the vob container from back when I used the ps3 to play movies

It is mostly tested with MKV. I have never tried it with vob, it might not work depending on how it is muxed.

Thanks for answering. I don't get "Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (copy)" on any of those files so I guess not. I did a little research and it seems the program I used to remux (mkv2vob) creates vob that are slightly nonstandard so I don't know if it's a problem with vob in general or just the vob made with that program (they do play with air video and every other software/hardware player). Passthrough otherwise seems to work very well (with 720p mkv over 5ghz wireless n)
questions about h264 passthrough:

1) what containers does it work on? I have many h264 in the vob container from back when I used the ps3 to play movies

2) how would one tell if passthrough is working? what would the log say?

3) is there a plan to make it possible to have transcoding on files where a subtitle is detected but passthrough on others?

4) are there other conditions where it chooses to pass through or not?

thank you, I use this program very often. I'm very interested in passthrough because the video quality is better than transcode

Forum Index » Profile for quidnunc » Messages posted by quidnunc
Go to: