[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: OPTiK
Forum Index » Profile for OPTiK » Messages posted by OPTiK
So i noticed if you try to play some content over h.264 video pass-through and it has dd5.1 audio it will cause the video to stutter or the video will be fine but the audio will be delayed by 1 second. Is this a known issue?
Nextweek wrote:My use case is slightly different as I am using Linux and statistically you are not likely to be doing the same. However on the off chance you are: I am using an AMD Phenom 2 from 2009 @ 2.8Ghz, last night I recompiled the inmethods libav (which does the actual transcoding) with a flag to enable offloading the workload to the GPU (--enable-vaapi).

Once I had done this my CPU usage went from spiking every 3 seconds to a flat 3%. The real question then is "Can you offload the processing to whatever graphics card you have?"

You just gave me the urge to convert my htpc to linux and use this version of air video lol. Is there a recompile tutorial on the forum? It's been awhile since I used a linux machine.
What is the lowest amd processor i should go for? I want to be able to transcode/stream without a hitch. I was looking at the AMD A8 5600k, I'm just not sure if it will be powerful enough. Any AMD users have any input on what they're using?
System (server):

Intel i5 Ivy Bridge 3570 @ 4.6GHZ
16 GB of RAM
Samsung 830 SSD

Issue:

While streaming across the internet, there is some random video lag. The audio stays perfect, but the video will have some slow down/lag that will last for about 10 seconds. This occurs every 20-30 minutes during a movie. The only suspect I have is the internet router because it doesn't do N wireless, but the internet speed after speed test @the ipad used is 21/16 Mbps and the server is 83/35 Mbps. The setting on the conversion is the second to last (or best). Any ideas?
I created an app that monitors avconv.exe and closes certain apps when its active, but depending on how the ipad/iphone app (air video) is 'closed' it will keep running. I think it happens when I hit the power button to turn the phone off while airvideo is playing. Can you investigate this so that it closes correctly everytime? Thanks!
Do you have windows firewall enabled? (try to disable all virus scan/firewalls)

Also try this on your phone: Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings and re-set up your wifi (long shot)
It's a long shot but try to reset network settings on the iPhone:

Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings

it's amazing what this can fix when it comes to random issues.
Do you have all the latest service packs/fixes/etc via windows update on your new computer?
any chance we could get h264 passthrough for remote wifi?
Admin wrote:
OPTiK wrote:
OPTiK wrote:In relation to quidnuncs questions, does passthrough ignore the bitrate settings that are set in wifi/3g?

Admin you missed this Q ..also if it does ignore bitrate might want to gray out the bitrate to illustrate this in the app

Passthrough should only work on local WiFi and it ignores bitrate setting.

Any chance we could get remote wifi too? With fios internet these days it should be an issue to stream
OPTiK wrote:In relation to quidnuncs questions, does passthrough ignore the bitrate settings that are set in wifi/3g?

Admin you missed this Q ..also if it does ignore bitrate might want to gray out the bitrate to illustrate this in the app
In relation to quidnuncs questions, does passthrough ignore the bitrate settings that are set in wifi/3g?

Forum Index » Profile for OPTiK » Messages posted by OPTiK
Go to: