[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: balexandre
Forum Index » Profile for balexandre » Messages posted by balexandre
Phanguy wrote:
You paid for an app that wasn't designed with iOS in mind. Yes other apps work but that doesn't mean every app will. That's like buying a car and complaining that it can't fly when some company releases a flying prototype. You've decided to run the beta and by doing so you are subject to bugs and reduced functionality. That's why it's supposed to only be for developers.

It's also a beta. Betas have been known to have reduced functionality. There's a possibility that this app would have worked fine on the final version of 4.2.

I don't think that all messages on this topic are related to what the app needs to be, but how the developer communicates with the community regarding it.

We all know that an update will eventually come, and while iOS 4.2 is in beta, it would probably not the time to get an update, we do get that point. We just took the opportunity to give some feedback on it as if I was the developer would love to have, a lease "I" would know that many are using the app and follow all steps along the way.

It's the cold and grasp replies from the developer that most of us were concern/not fun of/sad.
+1 cladmonitor
I didn't know you knew, and wanted to contribute with feedback
Hi guys,

Just to let you guys know that the App in the iPad with iOS 4.2.beta does not run as "Play with Live conversion", it does add to the queue correctly though.

if the movie is already converted, it will not play anything, just shows the waiting icon in the middle of the video screen.

Another "bug" that I could verify was that if the HOME button is to your left and lock button is either on or off (it does not matter), and you press "Global Settings" the display rotates 180ยบ degrees, though I think it's a iOS bug.
more cables?

no thank you

regarding the output, I'm far from knowing what's going on, but for Video and presentations and been a iOS developer we can send the signal to the TV using the AV Cables, just like when using the Youtube app.
Soon I saw Steve showing how AirPlay works showing the iPad video streaming to the TV on-the-fly it just answer my question that I long have...

How cool would be to have AirVideo on my TV!?

I just hope you guys can update the app to iOS 4.2 soon you can so after November I can easily see all my movies in my living room big TV

AirVideo Server -> iOS Device -> Stream to Apple TV -> see it on TV with no cables, no hassles, no nothing! (well, just 99 bucks for the new Apple TV)

I'm sooo happy! and just wanted to share my happiness you you guys!

What is the max resolution on the tv when using the iPad and the iPhone with such cables?
Just installed on work machine and works fine ... (same PC characteristics except 8Gb of ram instead just 4)

I wonder what's going on with home PC ...

when I get home this evening, I'll give it one more try.
as I stated, I'm running

version 6 update 20 of the Java Virtual Machine

I'm running both versions, and as stated on Java website, version x64 is only available by manual download, all the automatically tools and downloads is for the x86 version.
Just bought the full iPhone/iPad version and installed on my MBP.

Nothing to report as the server just run and from my iPad I can access everything I shared.

But on the Windows side, I keep getting the error message "The Java VM is aborting..."

using version 225 beta 1 and 227 u1, they both show the same error.

Running Windows 7 x64 (legal copy)

and using Java VM 6 update 20

What should I do now?

Forum Index » Profile for balexandre » Messages posted by balexandre
Go to: