[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: speters02
Forum Index » Profile for speters02 » Messages posted by speters02
Yes, I've tried restarts. It seems like only waiting awhile and trying again works. This is happening on my iPod and iPad. No rhyme or reason, sometimes it works, sometimes not. I have noticed that disabling and ree-enabling wi-fi on the iPod seems to increase the chances of the app working. Also, this is happening in multiple networks, home, office, restaurants, etc.

I would just like to find out what, if anything, I am doing wrong. I was a bit embarrassed when I told a friend of this great inexpensive app and when I went to demo it for him, yep, got the "Preparing Video" message again. I also don't understand what it could be preparing as all of the files are formatted for the devices already and do not require additional transcoding.

Thanks in advance for your help!
What causes the "Preparing Video" message?

I have some videos, all formatted for iPod/iPhone H264, that play fine (without conversion) with Air Video. However, occassionally, the very same videos generate the "Preparing Video" message and never play. So far, my only recourse has been to wait for the message to time out and try again.
I am getting frustrated, probably due to my own lack of knowledge or skills when it coms to networking. I have an iPod Touch and an iPad which, when at home, seem to be able to access the server through my Belkin N+ router and I am able to play videos. However, for the life of me, I can't get remote access to work which is the real reason I bouth the app. Everytime I try, I seem to get different results and error messages. Sometimes I get an "URL Resolve Error", sometimes I get an apologetic "tracker is down" message, and frequently it just sits there until it times out. Regardless of the message, I have yet to have it find my folders via remote access.

I have manually set up the port forwarding for 45631 and I'm guessing I did that right if I am able to get to my folders and videos via w-fi when I am home. Any ideas or things I can try? I am desperately wanting to get the remote access working.

Forum Index » Profile for speters02 » Messages posted by speters02
Go to: