[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: spirundik
Forum Index » Profile for spirundik » Messages posted by spirundik
Admin wrote:Hi,

I don't think Air Video can work through VPN (at least not without special routing setup). It detects your VPN external IP address, because all traffic is routed through the VPN. There is no way Air Video Server can know your "real" IP address. Your best bet would probably be to use dyndns and manually add the domain to client, assuming the server will be able to handle incoming request with VPN turned on (which I'm not sure about).

I'm not trying to route AirVideo through a VPN. I'm looking for an all inclusive list of ports and protocols that AirVideo uses so that I can build correct iptables policies routing all of that traffic through the ISP's public interface. I'm just looking for a better understanding of how AirVideo is determining the external address. I assume it's contacting an external server which is then returning the IP it was contacted from, I just need to know what port/protocol it's using, so that I can make sure it's routed to the appropriate interface on the router.

Thanks,
Admin wrote:The service is up and running. If you get the message it means that your provider blocks port 1112.

Is this the port AirVideo uses to determine the external IP, and if so, does it use tcp or udp?

I have a VPN tunnel setup on my router, so I have 2 external addresses (1 from the ISP, and one from the VPN endpoint). I'm using static port-forwarding, but AirVideo always detects the wrong external IP.

2013-02-28 12:53:18 StatusReportAction: Submitting status report:
2013-02-28 12:53:18 StatusReportAction: - PIN: 324722241, BonjourName: Media, Addresses: [192.168.1.17:45631] [null:45631]
2013-02-28 12:53:19 StatusReportAction: - Done (detected external IP 204.45.127.50) <-- VPN external address
2013-02-28 12:53:19 StatusReportAction: Scheduling task StatusReportAction$1 (24453483)

Using iptables, I'm able to successfully route ports to the appropriate external address. So far I have determined the following possibilities for AirVideo:

45631 tcp Airvideo
1112 ??? AirVideo
1900 udp Bonjour
5350 udp Bonjour
5351 udp Bonjour
5353 udp Bonjour

Any others that I'm missing?

Forum Index » Profile for spirundik » Messages posted by spirundik
Go to: