[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: knome
Forum Index » Profile for knome » Messages posted by knome
So i got it working by purging all my java and installing openjdk-r-jre and setting it as the default java package.
Apparently i did. I uninstalled it and then ran it again and i got this instead.

java -jar AirVideoServerLinux.jar test.properties
DEBUG: SnapshotCache: Initializing Thumbnail Cache; Java Version: 1.6.0_27
DEBUG: SnapshotCache: Created new Snapshot Index BTree2013-08-09 15:40:39.776::INFO: Logging to STDERR via org.mortbay.log.StdErrLog
2013-08-09 15:40:39.815::INFO: jetty-6.1.x
2013-08-09 15:40:39.878::INFO: Started SocketConnector@0.0.0.0:45631
DEBUG: PortMapperAction: Scheduling task PortMapperAction$2 (1196121930)
DEBUG: StatusReportAction: Scheduling task StatusReportAction$2 (1395932880)

The application is still not accepting connections but it appears that its at least registering the listener

tcp6 0 0 :::45631 :::* LISTEN 17600/java

So i started getting this error when i try and run the server now. Anyone have any ideas?

java -jar AirVideoServerLinux.jar test.properties
Aug 09, 2013 1:25:24 PM java.util.jar.Attributes read
WARNING: Duplicate name in Manifest: SHA1-Digest.
Ensure that the manifest does not have duplicate entries, and
that blank lines separate individual sections in both your
manifest and in the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF entry in the jar file.
Aug 09, 2013 1:25:24 PM java.util.jar.Attributes read
DEBUG: SnapshotCache: Initializing Thumbnail Cache; Java Version: 1.7.0_25
DEBUG: SnapshotCache: Created new Snapshot Index BTree2013-08-09 13:25:25.904::INFO: Logging to STDERR via org.mortbay.log.StdErrLog
2013-08-09 13:25:25.952::INFO: jetty-6.1.x
Aug 09, 2013 1:25:25 PM java.util.jar.Attributes read
2013-08-09 13:25:25.031::INFO: Started SocketConnector@0.0.0.0:45631
DEBUG: PortMapperAction: Scheduling task PortMapperAction$2 (1557797699)
DEBUG: StatusReportAction: Scheduling task StatusReportAction$2 (17750228

It also looks like the repo that someone set up isn't up to date for 12.04 either.

EDIT: It looks like my issue was a dependency and user permission issue. Its working under 12.04 now. There was no install candidate for mpeg4ip, but it appears to be working none the less.
That seems to have done it, thanks! Everything seems to be working, i'll put it through its paces tomorrow at jury duty.
Just updated to the new build of the app and linux beta 6. Everything seems to be working with Wifi only. 3G tries to play the video and loads the video player but then immediately the player closes and i'm brought back to the video selection screen. The airvideo server outputs no indication that it even received a request to play a video.

Is there a log file on the device i can grab for you?
So when is the new build going to be out thats compatible with the new client released today?
Yea ffmpeg takes a pretty penny to get the live conversion. I have a AMD Phenomâ„¢ X4 9650 and it takes up literally an entire core at the highest bitrate and any video playing on the main computer starts getting jittery. Duno if ffmpeg supports multithreading but that'd probably help on my end.

On a side note i am able to reproduce the problem where the audio will degrade then the video will drop after a while of playing. I have plenty of computing power and bandwidth. When i do encounter the problem i do notice that my server just flat out stops streaming the video. Haven't looked at the logs yet though.
You don't need to or want to uninstall the built in ffmpeg.

Make sure that the user you are running the server from is the owner of that ffmpeg directory and that the ffmpeg binary is executable. Also make sure that your path is actually pointing to the binary for ffmpeg not the folder it is located in.
Hmm that sorta seems to work, if i run the command as root/my login user (not the restricted user i use for services). Now i can get to the point where it says loading movie but then it stalls. The command works completely as long as i give it a terminal to output too. I guess i'll try playing around with my exec script.
Phr0ze wrote:Thanks for the Linux alpha support. I saw air video in the app store and I was about to skip it because of no Linux support but then I saw a comment by a user.

I strongly suggest that you update the description to specify alpha Linux support. You will get more purchases that way. I would never be here if I didn't see the comment. I wonder how many others are not here.

+12345678

I saw a buddy using this program on his ipad. I immediately went in search of a linux server. This is works way better than the web interface i was building manually and is perfect for filling the gap in my mythtv setup(well except for the whole .nuv file problem).

But on a side note i'm having some issues with the server ATM. I figured i'd post here before i start digging.
I followed these instructions here: http://wiki.birth-online.de/know-how/hardware/apple-iphone/airvideo-server-linux and was able to follow all the steps except this:

Because according to package manager that package isn't available for install on 10.04. So i used the package from the lucid universal server.

Now when i connect to my server two things happen. First i do not get any thumbnails for any videos. Second any video that isn't already in the format .m4v will not load. When i select the video it just hangs trying to load or it gives me an error which i can report. The only error i seem to get in the server console is this:

Am i just being an idiot about something? I've tested with alpha3 and alpha2.

EDIT: In alpha3 when i try and view a video file that it hangs on i get this error:

Ok so i figured out the error about the other video files not playing/displaying thumbs. I was testing the server over ssh and it was getting pissed about not being run strait from the ubuntu desktop terminal. It seems like it won't allow these files to be played unless its run in the gui. Is this a bug?

Forum Index » Profile for knome » Messages posted by knome
Go to: