[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: 2cold
Forum Index » Profile for 2cold » Messages posted by 2cold
The Windows client version is straight to the point, though it does it's job! Nice work!

If only VLC could register the time code with live conversion, without live conversion the video spikes in upload speed on the server and the video becomes unstable. It's very hard to figure out where a specific scene / chapter is in a video without a time duration. I'm assuming the reason why this works with the Air Video mobile version is that they are using an internal media player that's built into the app and has been modified to fit the applications needs. Where as the desktop version is using an external media player via VLC which either doesn't like live conversion with a time code, or is not implemented to work with it. Maybe create an internal media player so that it works directly with the application? Hopefully this can be fixed somehow. Right now it's either choose to "Play with" VLC (Windows Media Player or Quick Time Player doesn't work) and get the benefit of having a time duration with upload spikes and unstable video or choose to "Play with Live Conversion" with no time code, though I get no upload spikes or unstable video.

Would someone be willing to collaborate and make a fully loaded windows version with all the bells and whistles? Am all for it, I can provide the graphics needed and layout the design for the application. Here is a sample below of what I had started a few days ago. I stuck with the same concept as the mobile version, though there is still room for changing.

Forum Index » Profile for 2cold » Messages posted by 2cold
Go to: