[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: skip
Forum Index » Profile for skip » Messages posted by skip
Have you contacted Apple about this? It clearly seems to be a bug. TV out should be available on iOS 4.
Thank you for the response Admin. I replied to your post in the other thread.
I was under the impression that, like with the iPad in 3.2, iOS 4 was actually adding the ability for any third party app to use video out. I thought this was mentioned in one of the previews and Apple also now lists the dock connector to VGA adapter as an accessory for iPhone 4. Is this not a feature in iOS 4 like it is on the iPad? That's a bummer as I thought Netflix would work great with that feature too.
Thanks for the unhelpful and non-sequitir reply. I didn't say it should already be supported or that iOS 4 was available, but as a developer myself, I assume our hosts are working on this very thing, plus other features in the new OS due out in a week or so. Apple is already taking app submissions for iOS 4, by the way.

Back to the point, this feature is available in the iPad, and according to a couple posts in this forum, should also work on iPhone/iPod Touch. I was checking to see if I was doing something incorrectly or if it's not yet an actual feature. Helpful responses would be very welcome.
I have an iPhone 3GS running iOS 4.0 GM and TV out is not working at all. I plug in Apple's composite video cable (which works fine in the iPod app) before I tap to start playing the video. The only visible difference is that there are no volume controls on the iPhone screen, which shows that the iPhone at least recognizes that I'm piping out audio through the cable.

Does this feature work in iOS 4? If not, is it coming?

Forum Index » Profile for skip » Messages posted by skip
Go to: