[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: fakeyfakerson
Forum Index » Profile for fakeyfakerson » Messages posted by fakeyfakerson
I'd like to be able to stream music from my pc to the iPhone. Would be willing to pay extra for this
Another vote for music streaming. Seems like it would be a lot easier and less resource intensive than video. I'd even pay for a separate app or an in app purchase if need be.
hey just stopping in to say that tv out on the iphone 4 already works just got my apple composite cables in the mail today, first thing i tried was airvideo free just for kicks, lo and behold it worked flawlessly. promptly bought the paid version, thanks for making such an awesome product
Admin wrote:Unfortunately that's not how it works. Just because an app gets approved it doesn't mean it only uses published API. There are many ways to conceal usage of private API and get application approved.

We'll have an official statement on this issue, but for now, I'm pretty sure there is no legitimate way to get TV out working with iPhone, iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS with iOS 4 without resorting to private API.

TV Out with iPhone 4 will likely work with Air Video, though it will need additional work.
hmm that's disheartening, but glad you guys are looking into it. it's an essential feature for my use of the app, all i use it for really, so thank you for giving it the time and work you have. i suppose a general timetable for release is too much to ask for right?
interesting development. so apparently there is a legitimate way if streamtome can do it and get approved by the appstore gurus.
Alright, thanks. According to that site it does indeed skip frames when playing but hopefully not too bad, and it'll do the job while we wait for some workaround (if ever possible). Still bummed though
Are you saying a program like that already exists or that it should be easy to make one? It wouldn't hurt frame rates or anything?
Admin wrote:They never guaranteed this behavior for 3rd party applications. We got no response from Apple (which is not that unexpected).

If there is no possible workaround for this, would it be possible to release air video for jailbroken devices on cydia with video out functionality? I was so excited to buy this app and use it to stream movies from my home computer to my girlfriends TV, super bummed that apple would do something this stupid Would still gladly pay for it on cydia if it had video out though.
So is there going to be any workaround for this? I just got my iphone 4 and was really looking forward to using this app to stream movies to my TV. Everything about the app is amazing, but waiting to buy both the full version of air video and the apple component cables before this is worked out in some way. Would be a real shame if it was permanently disabled, this is probably the coolest program ever. And apparently that StreamToMe app found a workaround, hopefully air video can find a way too.

Forum Index » Profile for fakeyfakerson » Messages posted by fakeyfakerson
Go to: