[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Artdent
Forum Index » Profile for Artdent » Messages posted by Artdent
Hi

I have this working perfectly under linux (fedora 11) using wine.

Just installed Wine, then I installed the window air video server. The Java install fails, but you just install the latest stand alone version of java runtime for windows, swiftly followed by Bonjour for windows. My iPhone immediately saw the server and video was sent perfectly. The iPhone then lost the server name for some reason so i just used the ip address and it has worked ever since. My firewall already allows bonjour trafic internally on the network. The processor running the server is a very low wattage Athlon on a micro ATX board and everything works smoothly.

I knew it could be done, but to actually see it. Nice job. I realized that I had rushed in and requested Linux support without saying how impressed with the program. Means I can stopped re encoding all my content and then hoping that today iTunes will see my iphone or itouch a rare pleasure these days ;P
Hi
I would also like to add myself to the list of people wishing to see linux support. Yes I run windows on my main computer and therefore it looks to you that I am a windows user but all my media is stored on my linux server.

Forum Index » Profile for Artdent » Messages posted by Artdent
Go to: