[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: havoc
Forum Index » Profile for havoc » Messages posted by havoc
Hey, thanks so much for the work that went into this - I've followed the instructions and got mine working on Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid.

With regards to installing ffmpeg, I'm not sure if what I did was correct and would appreciate some input:

First I unpacked and made my ffmpeg in my downloads folder - I didn't like it there so I moved it to /usr/bin. In order to do that though, I had to rename the existing ffmpeg app to ffmpeg.bak. Looking in the /usr/bin folder it appears that those are all apps not folders with apps - where does ffmpeg rightly belong and how do I create an appropriate link to it once I move it where it needs to be?

I noticed that other people had ffmpeg errors similar to mine - for me it was due to a mistake in test.properties - my ffmpeg app was in the folder I moved of course - the path is to the app. So if your ffmpeg is in a folder then your path should reflect that.

test.properties
path.ffmpeg = /usr/bin/ffmpeg/ffmpeg
path.mp4creator = /usr/bin/mp4creator
path.faac = /usr/bin/faac
password =
subtitles.encoding = windows-1250
subtitles.font = Verdana
folders = Movies:/media/thing_one/videos/Movies-Mom_Dad,Series:/media/thing_one/videos/TV-Series

I also followed the instructions for autostart - "upstart" exists on Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid already so we can use it too - this is just a note to others as when I first tried to create the autostart, it didn't work because my path's were not the same:

Make sure you change mbirth to your username in the exec line and either change the path or move your AirVideoServerLinux.jar and test.properties files into the same folder structure that mbirth laid out in his example.

Thanks again for bringing this great app to linux.

Cheers,

Havoc

Forum Index » Profile for havoc » Messages posted by havoc
Go to: