[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Jrwaite
Forum Index » Profile for Jrwaite » Messages posted by Jrwaite
That is too bad to say the least!!
How does itunes do this? I am able to use handbrake to say convert a mkv file to a apple tv format and it will allow AC3 pass-through. Sent wireless to apple tv with full AC3 support.
In your opinion will this ever be possible with AirVideo?
Looking forward to the airplay support !
Will air video support AC3 Bypass support like iTunes does? Boy I hope so!!
Ok let me explain a little, as I only know a little
With handbrake you can encode a video file say a mkv file that has AC5 5.1 audio to the Apple TV format. Once done it has two audio file one is AC3 bypass audio stream. When you add this file to iTunes if will play back on your Apple TV with 5.1 audio (and your receiver should show you that depending on which one you have it might show 6 channels receiving audio, or it might say 5.1. on some it lights up a blue light.)
Now my question here is that since the Apple TV supports AC3 bypass (5.1 audio) will along with the new iOS 4.3 (which is reported to all air play via third party app.) will AirVideo be able to send AC3 audio thru airplay.
I hope this makes some sense to you AirVideHoe.
I do know with your NDR you cannot say too much, but if airvideo could work with wifi airplay would if be possible to support the AC3 passthru for 5.1 Audio for the Apple TV2. Handbrake works will but need to go thru itunes,

Forum Index » Profile for Jrwaite » Messages posted by Jrwaite
Go to: