[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: sjk
Forum Index » Profile for sjk » Messages posted by sjk
Best to use the new forum for Air Video HD topics; see:

New Forums at http://forums.inmethod.com

Edit: Never mind, just saw your post there.
There's already a topic about it:

Google Chromcast
It's still unclear to me whether Chromecast supports streaming videos stored locally, except possibly doing it through Chrome. Is it technically possible for Air Video to stream locally stored videos via Chromecast?
robert szejn wrote:Do you need the non-free version to do a conversion?

Nope. The only difference in the free version:

Compared to full version Air Video Free limits the number of displayed items in each folder.

I don't know why conversion isn't working for you with it; sorry.
Did you recently update Java to 1.7.0_25?
Wesleturgez wrote:How long should I wait?

At least 24 hours, and often a few days, is more considerate on support-centric forums like this one (with primarily peer-to-peer unpaid volunteer participants). People are in different timezones with different priorities. And InMethod doesn't provide 24x7 support.
You could patiently wait longer than only about 12 hours for a response.
Surely InMethod is aware of Chromecast; I'd patiently wait until after the long-awaited next major Air Video release to ask about possible plans for it or anything else.
In the Subject of your post it says "I can't make AirVideo Work over Wifi", then you start by saying:

nikos333 wrote:I've already successfully set up a couple of Air Video networks over wifi; but everything I'm trying now doesn't seem to work

Is Air Video working okay with local WiFi network connections but not connecting over the internet? Or maybe you've set it up on different WiFi networks?

I use a modem Huawei Wifi HG530 (maybe the problem is that it may not be a router [I don't know if it is or not] ?)

It's a combination modem+router, which this and other companies refer to as a "Wireless Home Gateway" or similar. There's product information here:

HUAWEI HG530 - Huawei Device Co., Ltd..

However, when I enable internet connection on AirVideo (just to check, because I only need wifi setup), and check "automatically map ports", it says that "No UPnP or NAT-PMP compatible device was found".

If you only need to use AV on your local WiFi network it's unclear to me why you care about internet usage.

and even after restarting the PC

Did you also restart the HG530 gateway?

I'd like to offer you more help with this but am confused about what is/isn't working relative to your specific needs.
Malte wrote:has this app been abandoned or put on hold?

No.
Best if msstatedawg does his/her own testing, if possible.
As always, it's ready when it's ready and announced without without asking.
meetajhu wrote:Its been almost a year. And still no update to the client!

FYI:

Admin wrote:The new client is ready for public beta.
We're working on the server currently, trying to get it shape so that we can start shipping it. At this point it mostly involves getting the configuration user interface done and packaging it. There are many new features in the software, but we don't want to go to details before we start with beta.

… and possibly more recent posts about the status.
CoNS wrote:BTW, has Development of the app and the server program completely stopped?

Nope:

Admin wrote:The new client is ready for public beta.
We're working on the server currently, trying to get it shape so that we can start shipping it. At this point it mostly involves getting the configuration user interface done and packaging it. There are many new features in the software, but we don't want to go to details before we start with beta.

… and possibly more recent posts about the status.
See: BETA IOS Playback.

Forum Index » Profile for sjk » Messages posted by sjk
Go to: