[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Admin
Forum Index » Profile for Admin » Messages posted by Admin
Hi, new beta build for Windows is available here. Without announcement yet. It should allow you to disable audio stream (although that's just a quick fix for the problem). Can you give it a try?
That seems to be a bug in Air Video. It assumes that video pixels are square but in this case they are not. Your video resolution is 720x576 (5:4) but video aspect ratio is 16:9. We will have to fix it in some of the future updates.
Okay, we'll need to fix thumbnail generation to prevent spawning multiple ffmpeg processes for single file.
Hi,

Air Video does not cache IP address anywhere. But it is possible that iPhone DNS cache did have your old IP address. I don't know if there is any way to flush iPhone DNS cache. Anyway, this will not be necessary after next client update. It should track the server IP address without the need for dynamic DNS.
Right, sorry, it's not usual that ffmpeg keeps hanging. We will have to clean up the process. I'm still bit baffled why it takes so long to generate the thumbnail. The firewire connection doesn't seem like a bottleneck.
Hi,

Air Video deos not transfer the whole file but it does try to seek in it. That might cause the problem here. You get so many ffmpeg processes because there are many files and each one makes ffmpeg hang. This does not usually happens (except in your case).

I'm not sure how to fix this yet. It would be helpful if you could leave just one file (relatively small so that it doesn't take too long to generate the thumbnail) in folder and try to load the folder content in Air Video client. After it loads the thumbnail (or not if it takes too long) copy the thumbnail generation log (available in logs tab on server) and send it to me as private message.

Thanks.
Thumbnail generation seem to be ok. Can you tell me what operating system do you use? I'll try to reproduce it.
Hi,

scene selector? Air Video does not support DVD playback. What scenes should user be selecting?

We are not against adding another media types but our resources and time is limited and we want to focus on video playback first to get it right. Also there are applications in appstore dedicated to audio streaming.
Doing the conversion by hand is rather tricky. Apart from the fact that arguments are built dynamically (and there's plenty of them) Air Video converts audio and video streams separately and muxes them afterwards because ffmpeg mp4 muxer is not compatible with quick time. I will post new server beta version today with support for disabling audio stream.
What is the nature of this error? Is it a BSOD like error where the computer crashes? Because if so it's most likely problem in network adapter driver.
This is not a bad idea. It's significant change though. Given the other features on our roadmap this one will have to wait a bit.
Hi,

the codec seems to be WMA pro which ffmpeg can't handle.
FFMpeg hanging when it can't decode stream is a known issue and we are working on a fix. We may also add option to disable audio stream.
Hi,

can you be more specific about what does not work? Also I'm not sure about the 64bit version. The performance benefit is negligible (perhaps couple of percent) but the binary would grow at least 30%.
We've number of users that have Windows 7 installed and haven't had report like this. I will try to reproduce the problem later today or tomorrow.
Hi,

darcilicious wrote:First, just found about your software today and so far, it's looking pretty good! I've gone ahead and upgraded to the beta already and have this feedback:

1) Better buffering over 3G. I have a full signal currently and can't get even a converted file to play without stalling about every minute or so. Over wifi, converted and non-converted files play like a dream

we can't do much about 3G buffering. The bandwidth is just too small. You have to adjust the video resolution and quality in order to have smooth playback. The buffer size is fixed (we don't have control over it) - it's managed by the internal iPhone media player component. Even if it wasn't there is not a lot of memory available to iPhone applications to do extensive buffering.

darcilicious wrote:

2) Support for streaming .ts files (e.g. from HD-PVR). I have the 2.1.0 beta server installed on an AMD 9500 quad core 2.2GHz system and I get the message that my computer may be to slow to be able to convert this video live -- do you want to continue? Also at this point, there are two active ffmpeg processes even though I haven't tapped "continue" yet -- I think one may have been left over from browsing a folder with 20+ .ts files and trying to create thumbnails for them (which didn't look that great).

Streaming ts files is supported. I'm guessing that your ts files may contain codec that is not supported. Still, I would have to see the live-conversion log to see where the problem is. You can send me a private message with it.

Forum Index » Profile for Admin » Messages posted by Admin
Go to: