[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Admin
Forum Index » Profile for Admin » Messages posted by Admin
Are the movies DRM protected? If they were bought in iTunes store they probably are. DRM protected files can't be played by Air Video.

Also you can try downloading server beta release (see the announcements forum for links) and paste here the log output of the "Thumbnail Generation" log after you try to list an iTunes playlist.
I'm not sure there is much need for it. You can already stream video over network on computers. There are many ways to do it, from sharing folders to setting up a streaming server and use http or other protocol for streaming.
Hi,

we consider adding subtitle support in future. releases.
Hi,

you can't. There is no Air Video client for computers.
The client should be available in few weeks. Your problem is rather strange though. Can you turn on remote support and port mapping in the beta version and send me the Remote log as private message (the remote log is in the Logs tab)? Thanks.
Hi,

The 2.1.0 beta version should already support MPEG transport stream (with .ts extension). Does it not work for you? Is the file not listed or does Air Video refuse to play it? If so can you post the live conversion log? (Available in Logs tab).
The thing is: Air Video Server uses system component to display the directory listing. There's nothing special or specific to Air Video Server going on. Adding network drives was tested on Windows XP and Windos Vista and it workes without any problems.

Still, couple of things you can try:

1. Map network drive. In the screenshot the network drive is not mapped. If you map it it will behave just like a regular disk drive. This might help.

2. Use drag & drop from Windows Explorer to add the network drive instead of the "Add Disk Folder" button.

3. Run Air Video Server as Administrator. See if the problem goes away if Air Video Server gains additional permissions.
Hi,

what resolution are your videos? Right now air video assumes that pixels in video are square. But there might be videos where the aspect ratio does not match the resolution.
Hi Richard,

thanks for testing the server. The client is not yet ready for beta test. Once it gets ready and we decide to do public beta testing we will contact you. Thank you for your offer!
Does this also happen if you map the shared drive? (I.e. as Z: ). Also are you able to browse the share drives using Windows Explorer without the Explorer asking for credentials?
I've enabled attachments.

Also I've just tried playing a video on a shared SMB drive on Vista. Worked without any problems for me. The drive wasn't even mounted, just a regular SMB share. Any chance that your other applications accessing the shared drives are running with elevated permissions?
Okay, can you be little bit more specific here? What operating system do you use? How did you map the network drive? Where exactly does Air Video put the big red cross? Do you have all permissions required to read the drive?

Thanks.
You can map network drive in Windows and mount it in OS X. What special support for network drive do you need?
2.0.3 really is the newest one. Is it possible that there is an older version of the server software running in parallel? Your client seems to be connected to an old server.
This is one of the features we consider for future releases.

Forum Index » Profile for Admin » Messages posted by Admin
Go to: